Tuesday, April 28, 2009

GPS CACHING

So I am not going to lie...I really had fun doing this assignment! It was something I have never done or thought about doing. We had to use GPS systems to find different items around campus. Our first one was much easier to find than our second. Some problems we encountered were if you don't know exactly how to use a GPS system it can really slow you down. We messed up the coordinates and accidentally deleted them and didn't know how to get them back. Also the GPS only takes you to general area of the cache and not to the exact spot.

I feel, being a future social studies teacher, I could incorporate this material into a lesson. For example, talking about geography, I can tell my students some simple and broad coordinates and then have them tell me where it takes them.

No comments:

Post a Comment